May 21, 2013

Still Kicking It (Life and Blog Update)


Me sitting on a gold nugget.

I’m still here, despite appearances, the blog is still alive. I’ve been focusing a lot on the co-writing gig “Welcome To My Imagination” lately. I’ve been drawing weapons for the posts already out there, but I’m really slow at art. I don’t mean to neglect the blog; it’s just been extra crazy. Even my day job has gone nuts. It’s work, what can I do? I’m stuck with it at least until I’m a New York bestseller, then maybe I can move on from working for someone besides my readers. The goal is to someday match my income and benefits with my writing before I resign from the day job, unless I retire first. Retirement is 16 years away, so I’m hoping I don’t have to wait that long.

I am working on a new Weapons and Warriors article. It’s a vicious weapon that was pretty common in Medieval Europe. I can’t wait to share that. Later on I’m going to do a post or two, maybe more, about the Sikhs of India. I’ve been talking with a person who is from India and at the moment I’m reading and watching videos to get a grasp of what the Sikh is about. I’m not sure if I’ll focus on weapons as much, but I am looking forward to writing about the culture. India has always fascinated me. Someday I will have to visit there.

The Terminator/Back to the Future Fanfic project is on schedule. It’ll be fully written during the Nanowrimo event this year, I’ve got a cast list and a basic outline that is still getting modified. I plan to have a detailed outline of the story before November so I can just write it. Then it’ll be edited and turned into a PDF, which will be posted on this blog along with the video by HISHE that started the whole thing, if they allow it. I haven’t asked their permission yet to associate the story with the video. The PDF will be free. I do not have any ownership to any of the material used. I only own the words to meld it all together, and I’m doing it for kicks. It’s too awesome an idea not to have someone write it.

Last but not least, the books are going well. I think this time it might be safe to say that “Welcome To My Imagination” will be published this summer. It’s all in the editing room and getting passed back and forth, so I think another month of edits and then I just need to get it all formatted correctly and the paperwork filed for copyrights, printing, e-books, etc. Not to mention a contract, with the other writer involved, to protect us both from each other or any outside involvement. I’m a bit of a stickler for keeping things filed and organized. This looks to be an exciting year for myself. A lot of good things are happening in my personal life as well as other aspects. It’s been a while since I could say that truly everything in my life is going the right way for a change. See you soon with the next Weapons and Warriors post!

No comments:

Post a Comment