Jan 24, 2014

Mortal Kombat's Kitana Drawing.

Today I’m just popping in for a short progress report. I have been squeezing in a few minutes here and there to draw a few lines, or erase and draw them differently. I tried modeling the picture after the picture I had originally posted for the Tessen, but my skills are lacking in a great way in comparison. I think I have all my lines drawn now, so looks like all I have left is some coloring and then I will attempt to do some shading to give it a more three dimensional look.

Once I finish this picture, I am pretty sure I'll be able to crank out a bunch of weapons pictures a lot faster. I'm really getting a hang of the software and this is so much better than my free hand drawings. I will have to go back and replace some of those ugly free hand pictures someday. Like the Hwacha. That is a horrible drawing that mixed my initial freehand sketch with some digital editing. I had no idea what I was doing with this software at that time and I know I can make that picture a hundred times better. I'm very excited that I am developing a new skill alongside my writing. I can't wait to start sketching my characters one of these days.
 
I posted my progress so far down below. It's not perfect, but it's a huge improvement over my last attempt at drawing people. I'll have to go back and tinker with the Terminator: Back to the Future Cover after I'm done with this.




Art by TL Jeffcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment